Apply for a ScholarshipJOHN D. UTTERBACK SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be seeking an undergraduate degree in food science or a related field, and must fall into at least one of these groups:
- All Star Members and their dependents
- Employees of an All Star Member and their dependents
Applications are accepted beginning on April 1st of each year. All applications and related information must be received by June 15th. Students may be awarded scholarships in multiple years.
- Download, print and complete the application form (found at the bottom of this page).
- Acquire an official transcript from all high schools (if freshman applicant), colleges and universities attended.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s scholastic performance. The letter should include an appraisal of the applicant’s academic ability, leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity.
Mail all documents to:
All Star Association, Inc.
1050 Monarch Street Suite #101
Lexington, KY 40513
Announcement of winners will be made to the student and the university department chairperson on or about August 15th. Scholarship winners must be enrolled during the entire academic year for which the scholarship is awarded.
The recommendations of the Scholarship Committee are submitted to the All Star Association, Inc. Board of Directors for final evaluation. The scholarships are then awarded to up to 5 applicants that have been selected. A maximum of $15,000 will be evenly distributed among the winners with no more than $5,000 awarded per person.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Courses related to the members’ business
- Apparent commitment to a career in dairy/beverage/food industry/ or members’ field.
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Evidence of leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity