- The butter market continues to find support in the $2.20 per pound area. That is now above EU prices.
- Freight prices continue to escalate, propelled by solid economic growth, driver shortages and new regulation.
- Corn began and ended 2017 within a couple of pennies of $3.50 per bushel. Exports are behind year-prior pace.
- USDA is calling for record world sugar production, but says US output will be flat to slightly lower for 2017/18.
- Resin prices are stubbornly holding on at levels close to post-hurricane highs.
- Lower cheese prices are going to be a drag on Class I milk — and farmer incomes — in the months ahead.
View the complete report: